𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐑 𝐀𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐆𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐒
A STAR-CROSSED LOVERS SERIES: BOOK ONE
A DARK SCI-FI FANTASY ROMANCE NOVEL
Dark, seductive, and with mysterious secrets lurking around every corner, begins book one in Tristin Clark’s dark epic sci-fi fantasy romance series.
Stolen and imprisoned aboard an alien ship, Serena, a human woman with a hidden power, finds herself moments away from death, but as fate would have it, another discovers and claims her life, and soon, her heart too.
The voyage back to Mel’Vargon will be a long one, but until they arrive, Zurhen, the new Emperor and lonely king, takes it upon himself to care for his little one, vowing to do whatever he can, to nurture her back to health and see to all… of her aching needs.
As they soar across the stars, and Serena adapts to her surroundings, an undeniable, cosmic power between them works at drawing them close.
With tensions arising aboard ship, and an already fragile and magic-less world on the verge of an uprise, a dark, mysterious presence lurks amongst the shadows, following and clinging to Serena and her inner power, threatening to draw her into his familiar, yet deadly orbit.
A war is brewing. One that in the end, will force all, to choose a side.
“You are safe with me,” I promise her. My palm rests against the back of her head and I keep it there. She does not need to see the carnage left behind after war. Let her mind finally find the peace that it needs.
My team and I move forward, meeting Emerlum and the rest of our soldiers at the docking port.
“Who is she?” Emerlum wonders, while staring down at the little one in my arms.
“Someone that is now under the king’s protection,” I say.
“Oh. Well, alright then,” he responds. Nay’ahli, Cur’rav, Emerlum and I wait just outside the ship entrance. We usher our soldiers in until the last of them goes through.
“Are we the last?” I ask. Nay’ahli glances down at her pad, scanning for any remaining life aboard. After, she looks up.
“Yes, Commander Zurhen. We are good to depart,” she states.
“Good. Let us destroy this filth then,” I seethe. I eye our surroundings a final time before looking to this little being I hold close.
“A new life awaits you, little one. I hope you are ready,” I tell her. With that, I turn, leaving this ghastly ship behind. We enter, allowing the air-tight door to close and lock behind us. Moving forward, I do not look back. No, I leave behind not just the corpse of the being who had massacred my family, but the filth that this beautiful being I hold, had to endure for however long, but no more. No more filth. No more torture. For now, she will only know a life worth living. She will know a life at my side. That is, if she so chooses to.
EBOOK NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON, BARNES AND NOBLE, GOOGLE PLAY, APPLE BOOKS & KOBO!
ORDER THE EBOOK: https://books2read.com/u/bOnYyJ
HARDCOVER AND PAPERBACK COMING SOON TO AMAZON & BARNES AND NOBLE!
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP: https://BookHip.com/STGZFDD
(Sign up to read the first three chapters to AWATS!)
ADD TO GOODREADS: https://bit.ly/3EXEkx3
ADD TO BOOKBUB: https://bit.ly/3BeVWno
LISTEN TO THE A WAR AMONGST THE STARS SPOTIFY PLAYLIST!
A list of all the book triggers so you do not go in blind
**A WAR AMONGST THE STARS is intended for mature, adult audiences only.**
This book is the first in the epic series and will end with an HFN and on a cliffhanger.
If you or someone you know is contemplating suicide, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 988. No matter how alone you feel in the world, how abandoned, lost, or defeated, there is help, there is hope, and there is always someone willing to listen.
Please consider all warnings before reading.
**(All trigger’s listed are from the author’s own knowledge. If you read the story and find a trigger not listed, it is because the author was not aware it was a trigger. If you find a trigger while reading and it is not listed, please contact the author privately through social media or email and she will add it to the list.)**
- EXPLICIT SEXUAL CONTENT / TABOO SEXUAL ACTS: **All acts are consensual** There will be rough sex, taboo, graphic and detailed sex scenes. There will also be fingering, oral, and vaginal penetration) (Book two and forward will have anal and double penetration.)
- BDSM (bondage, discipline, submission, masochism.) There will be tentacles and shadows that act like ropes which bind the submissives limbs. To find out more about BDSM, check out this article from Cosmopolitan.
- Tentacle fucking will occur.
- CURSING / VULGAR LANGUAGE: (Includes: cursing, and sexual words like: pussy, cunt, cock, etc.)
- Love triangle which turns into a Why Choose.
- Tragic backstories
- PTSD (Many characters will portray individual traits from PTSD. No ones trauma is the same, and everyone will find ways of coping positively or negatively to it, which you will see amongst each character)
- DEATH OF A PARENT / SIBLING
- MENTAL ILLNESS
- PANIC ATTACKS / DISORDERS
- SUICIDAL THOUGHTS
- MENTION OF SUICIDE
- MENTION OF RAPE (Not of the MC’s)
- GUN VIOLENCE
- MEDICAL CONTENT
- EMOTIONAL ABUSE
- TOXIC RELATIONSHIPS
- TOXIC FRIENDSHIPS
- TOXIC CHARACTERS: (you will see jealously, possessiveness, selfishness)
- Morally Grey / Dark Characters (characters will have realistic flaws, some choosing to better themselves, some who border between good and bad, some who don’t give a fuck about redemption, and some who start off good and later say fuck it and give into the darkness)
A list of all the book tropes included in the story
- Villain origin story
- Am I the villain?
- Why Choose?
- Love Triangle
- Chosen ones
- Fated mates / Soulmates
- Dual POV’s
- Golden retriever boyfriend
- Strong friendships
- Burn the world for you
- One bed trope
- Cock don’t fit
- Giant blue aliens
- Handsome, dark haired, mysterious morally grey villain
- Touch him / her and die
- Dominant male
- Rude to everyone but her
- Strong / badass FMC
- Brooding / grumpy male (but sweet and happy with her)
- Cosmic magic
- Super powers
- Language barrier
- Bathes and nurtures her back to health
- Female Villain MC
- Morally grey / villain
- You’re mine
- Star-crossed lovers
- Fake dating
- Healing each other’s trauma
- Damsel in distress
- Who did this to you?
- Ballroom dancing
- Training to fight
- Nightmare comfort
- Angry love confession
- Found family
- Knife to throat
- Monster Romance
- Alien Romance
- Villain Romance
A list of other important information that you should know before reading.
Story will include:
- This is book one in the epic series and is a villain origin story / introduction to the series. Again, this story will end with a HFN and on a cliffhanger which book two will pick up on.
- There will be flowery, poetic, romantic, dramatic, cheesy composition.
- This is a dark story which consists of a multitude of dark themes. Please see website for the full list!
- Chapters will be long and detailed. I like to give my characters room to think and talk.
- The sex scenes are super detailed and some scenes may stretch out far.
- This story is in the 1st person narrative and includes multiple POV’s.
- Some characters may portray toxic traits (No one is perfect. We all have flaws so I like to give my characters just that)
- I have left MANY subliminal messages, foreshadowing, Easter eggs and important information to find throughout this story. If you skim read, you may be left confused and lost.
- Amongst the dark romance theme, sci-fi and fantasy genre, this story is also is considered to be a mystery, thriller, suspense, paranormal and horror story.
- You will see each character’s growth evolve or devolve throughout the series.
- This story has two parts. First half (Sci-Fi) takes place in space while the second half (Fantasy) takes place on planet.
- Book one isn’t as dark but this series WILL progressively grow darker.
- Slow-burn (but when the sex scenes come, they are heavy and plenty.)
- Book ones sex scenes are very detailed but as the series goes, they will become heavier as will some extreme kinks be introduced.
- There will be twists, turns, and mic drop moments that you may not see coming. Prepare for the unexpected.
Not often does a tale get told from the villain’s perspective, nor are we blessed enough to hear of the origin story in which set them on the path to true darkness, but here… we do.
Who is the genuine villain of this story you may ask? Well, I will leave that up to you to decide, for “we are all villains in someone else’s eyes,” and if you think not, then I dare you to “look into a mirror, and ask yourself… Who have you wronged?“
Things are not always as they seem. People are not always as they seem.
We all hide a darkness inside, and how we choose to cope with our trauma,
how we choose to heal, to express it, to explode…
Well, isn’t that the premise of this story?
“You can go into war blind, and risk being slaughtered, or you can go in observant, and do the slaughtering.”
“To be distracted, is to be blind.”
So, I advise you. Be careful who you trust. Be careful what you wish for, for the wrong star could be listening.
“Magic always comes at a cost. A cost that in the end, is never worth the fulfillment.”
Now, a warning to the impressionable.
Take heed, as the advice you may hear throughout this narrative, might just be the villain’s way of secretly manipulating you towards the villain you may unknowingly become.
After all, this is… a war amongst the stars, and with that comes bloodshed, betrayal, immoral ideologies, toxicity, sizzling, primal lust, hidden secrets, pain. Lots of pain. But do not fear. No matter what,
love will always prevail. “However, necessary.”
May your path towards the light or dark be blessed by the stars themselves.
I’ll see you on the other side.
WANT TO HELP FUND THE SERIES?
FOLLOW TRISTIN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Copyright © 2023 by Tristin Clark